Primobolan Review. Forms and action of the drug. Dosage, Side Effects, Cycles
Methenolone (more commonly known as Primobolan and Primobol, Nibal) is an anabolic steroid derivative of Dihydrotestosterone with weak Androgenic activity and a moderate anabolic effect. It is available in tablets (Primobolan) and injectable form (Primobolan Depot).
Primobolan Depot - injectable form of the drug, which is an ester of methenolone enanthate. Duration of the injectable form’s action is long, approximately two weeks (due to the gradual transition of the preparation from muscles to the blood). Primobolan Depot is similar to Testosterone enanthate in duration of action. The main disadvantage of this form is painful injections.
Oral Primobolan – tablet form methenolone (methenolone acetate), has a much smaller period (about 5 hours). Primobolan tablets have a higher price. A distinctive feature of the tablet form is no hepatotoxicity, in comparison to most other oral forms of steroids.
Most people prefer the injectable form, due to the lower cost and more equal intake of the active substance in blood. Moreover, some of the Primobolan tablets are destroyed in the liver.
- Anabolic activity - 88% of the Testosterone
- Androgenic activity - 44% of Testosterone
- Aromatization (conversion to estrogen) - No
- Hepatotoxicity - Weak
- Method of use - oral (tablets) and injection
- The half-life - 5-20 hours in tablets; Days 4-7 injections
- Detection time - up to 100 days (tablets), injections - 6 months
The anabolic effect of Primobolan is quite mild and comparable to the Deca, so this sterod is most often used during the cutting cycle, where the main aim is not to gain muscle mass but to keep it. Methenolone has minimal rollback phenomenon, however, many athletes are dissatisfied with the results obtained after Primobolan only cycle if the goal was to increase muscle mass.
Primobolan (both forms) can’t be converted into estrogen, which is one of the main benefits of this steroid. As a result, you can take Primobolan without risk of developing gynecomastia and edema.
Primobolan slightly reduces production of testosterone. Its overwhelming impact is weaker than testosterone and Nandrolone. Studies show that Primobolan cycle at a dose of 40 mg (oral) suppresses testosterone levels by 50%. A significant reduction in endogenous testosterone production is only observed at long cycles with high doses of the steroid. In these cases, during the cycle, it is required to use gonadotropin, otherwise testicular atrophy may develop. Due to low androgenic effect, Primobolan practically does not cause baldness. Usually methenolone causes side effects such as aggression, anxiety, insomnia, and the rise of liver enzymes when used at high doses.
Primobolan can be considered one of the safest Anabolic steroids available on the market.
- Primobolan cycle is best for cutting cycle to keep muscles and make them lean.
- Soft drug action requires a longer cycle (up to 8 weeks), however, when increasing duration, increases the risk of side effects.
- Oral Primobolan dosage - 50-100 mg per day. PCT begins 2-3 days after the cycle is done.
- Primobolan Depot dosage - 400 mg once a week. PCT begins 3 weeks after the last injection.
- Before starting the cycle, you consult a doctor to avoid contraindications.
Considering weak anabolic effect of methenolone (its ability to increase weight is slightly less than Nandrolone), it is often combined with other steroids. Primobolan is best combined with:
- Nandrolone - for muscle mass gain (one of the safest cycle to keep muscles)
- Testosterone - for muscle mass gain
- Sustanon - for muscle mass gain
- Anadrol - for muscle mass gain
- Methandrostenolone for muscle mass gain
- Winstrol – for cutting
Do not include more than one steroid in a combined cycle. Use both steroid at half-doses (recommended) - this will reduce the incidence of side effects of each steroid and will increase the effectiveness of the cycle.