Winstrol Review. Forms and action of the drug. Dosage, Side Effects, Cycles
Winstrol (Stanozonol) is an anabolic steroid available in tablets and solution for injection (Winstrol Depot). Winstrol was developed in 1962 in Winthrop Laboratories. It is a synthetic steroid, derivative of Dihydrotestosterone, approved by the FDA for use by people (stanozolol originally was developed for use in animals (horses). Stanozolol is an antagonist of progesterone. There is evidence that the drug protects against progestogen action of Nandrolone. Unlike most injection forms, stanozolol is an aqueous suspension.
The drug has a high oral bioavailability, due to a C17 α-alkylation which allows the hormone to survive first-pass liver metabolism when ingested. Winstrol is one of the safest steroids for women, as it has low Androgenic activity, although virilization and masculinization are still likely.
- Anabolic Activity - 320% of Testosterone
- Androgenic Activity - 30% of testosterone
- Aromatization (conversion to estrogen) – No
- Route - injections and tablets
- Toxicity to the liver - moderate, same for injectable and tablet forms
- The half-life - 9-24 hours (the duration of up to 2 days)
- Detection time - from 340 to 360 days.
Stanozolol was developed by Winthrop Laboratories in 1962 under the brand name Winstrol. Initially, the drug was designed to treat anemia, hereditary angioedema, to accelerate recovery after surgery, and also for veterinary use to increase muscle mass, hematopoiesis stimulation, to strengthen bones and to stimulate appetite in weakened or sick animals.
A little later, the drug began to be used actively for cross-country horses to increase the speed performance. It quickly drew the attention of athletes and bodybuilder, that started using Winstrol with ergogenic purposes.
Winstrol is very popular in bodybuilding, because its action is different from most steroids. The drug has little effect on body weight, but it makes muscles lean and burns fat, so it is used mainly during cutting cycles.
- Creating lean muscle – is one of Stanozolol’s main effects
- A significant increase of strength and stamina is a valuable effect in powerlifting and athletics.
- Burning fat.
- Increasing appetite.
- Removing excess water from the body
- According to the scientific tests, oral stanozolol in an amount of 0.2 mg per kilogram of athlete’s weight lowers the levels of globulin anabolic hormones by 50%. This means that the efficiency of taking other steroids in combination with stanozolol will significantly increase.
The drug is not converted into estrogen, that’ why it does not cause side effects such as gynecomastia and edema.
- Pain in large joints and ligament damage are the most frequent complications. To minimize the risk, stanozolol should be combined with testosterone and deca. It is also used special additives for ligaments and joints.
- The rise in blood pressure - is eliminated by taking antihypertensive agents (enalapril).
- Increased levels of cholesterol is eliminated by taking omega-3 or other hypolipidemic agents.
- Painful injections - the side effect of Winstrol is peculiar only to injectable form (Winstrol Depot).
- Possible androgenic side effects: alopecia, acne, suppression of natural testosterone and others.
- Hepatotoxicity is manifested due the alpha-17-alkylation. A study in dogs demonstrated a pronounced protective effect of milk thistle extract (hepatoprotector)
- Myocardial hypertrophy - especially at high doses.
Winstrol only cycle is done by athletes to get lean and veiny, and also to improve power performance. In other words, this cycle is suitable for people who have sufficient weight with moderate fat content.
- Optimal dosage of Winstrol is 30-50 mg in tablets or injections every day. Athletes and boxers usually use lower doses - about 10 mg / day.
- The cycle duration is approximately 4-6 weeks. By increasing the cycle time increases the risk of side effects, primarily related to the joints.
- After the cycle, the PCT should be done for 2-3 days
- For maximum effect take Sports nutrition for lean muscle.
It should be noted that many experienced athletes recommend the use of stanozolol only in combination with Testosterone. It reduces the risk of side effects, in particular, significantly reduces the likelihood of adverse effects on the joints: testosterone retains water in the body without letting joint capsule to dehydrate. In addition, testosterone can greatly increase the effectiveness of the Winstrol cycle.
Combined Winstrol cycles
Depending on the desired result, a combined stanozolol cycle is built. For muscle mass gain, a stronger androgen included in the cycle, like testosterone, Methandrostenolone or Anadrol. In this case, Winstrol will balance the course, creating a good anabolic effect and lowering overall estrogenic effects of other drugs. Also, it is necessary to include aromatase inhibitors in the cycle. Nolvadex or Clomid are usually used in post-cycle therapy. As a result of a correct combination, significant increases in muscle mass with much less water retention and fat can be achieved. Before the competition or during a weight loss diet, Winstrol can be combined with non-aromatizing androgen such as Trenbolone. This combination makes muscles lean and hard. This is exactly what many athletes want.